Thursday, January 26, 2023

Daily Devotion: The Sparrow

Bible Reading: Luke 12:1-12 

Key Verse: Verse 7 - “But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”

Key Words: Ye are of more value than many     sparrows

James McConky tells the following in regard to God’s care for us.

“It was a beautiful winter day.  I was sitting on the veranda of a southern hotel enjoying the sunshine and sky.  Suddenly I became conscious of the swift flight of some small object before my eyes.  Then came a dull thud as of something falling.  There before my eyes, not ten feet away, lay the crumpled body of a sparrow.  He turned upon his back.  His little claws stretched appealing toward the sky.  There was a convulsive shiver as though in pain.  Then the tiny eyelids closed over the death-dimmed eyes.  A quick, short gasp and all was over.  A tell-tale spot of crimson on the little breast gave the story of the tragedy.  His swift flight through the air had evidently brought him into a death collision with a pole or buttress and his sparrow’s life had been the price.  It was only a passing incident, this death of a tiny sparrow.”

McConky goes on to say, “But his death somehow gripped my heart.  I found myself almost in tears over concern for a tiny sparrow.  But like a flash, it came to my mind the wonderful truth of God that I am more valuable than many sparrows.  God really cares about me, James McConky!!”

And God cares about you as well.


What to do:
✞ Thank God for His loving care for you.
✞ Live your life for God in appreciation of His care.
✞ Tell others that God cares about them as well.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email