Sunday, January 1, 2023

Daily Devotion: Proving God

Bible Reading: Jeremiah 23:1-14 

Key Verse: Verse 13 - “And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.”

Key Words: And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err

The Bible teaches us that the existence of God can be proven in three ways.

First, God can be proven through His creation: we read in Romans 1:20, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.”

Secondly, God can be proven through our conscience. Romans 2:14-15, “For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or else excusing one another.”

Thirdly, God can be proven through revelation. Hebrews 10:7, “Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.”

But I have found that God does an excellent job of proving Himself when someone is willing to search for Him with all their heart.

I remember when I was in college, we had a pastor from India who came to chapel and gave the testimony of his salvation experience. He said, “I desired to know the true and living God – so I prayed and asked the God Who created the heavens above, and the birds that fly through the air, the God Who made the trees and plants, the God Who made the dirt and grass – I want to know that God.” Later a missionary came by and said, “The God Who created the heavens above and the birds that fly through the air, the God Who created the trees and plants, even the dirt and ground we walk on – He has sent me by to tell you how you can know Him.”

The pastor from India said, “That was no mistake. I found the true and living God because I searched for Him with all my heart.” And so can you!



What to do:
✞ Search for God with all your heart if you are unsaved and unsure He exists.
✞ As a believer, challenge those who do not believe in God to sincerely pray the prayer of the pastor from India.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email