Friday, January 6, 2023

Daily Devotion: The Omniscient God

Bible Reading: Psalm 8 

Key Verse: Verse 3 – “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;”

Key Words: When I consider thy heavens

One of the greatest displays of God’s handiwork is a total eclipse of the sun, turning noonday into darkness and sending the chickens to roost hours before bedtime.

There was only one total eclipse of any great duration in this century in the United States; and that took place on March 7, 1940. The previous one of comparable duration in the United States was in 1878. The next one is next year, 2024!

The first recorded eclipse was on October 22 in 2137 BC. It was recorded by two Chinese astronomers, Hsi and Ho. The Chinese government blamed Hsi and Ho for causing a dragon to eat the sun, and they were beheaded.

The pinpoint accuracy in which the planets rotate is no accident. It is the divine omniscient plan of an omnipotent God.

We speak freely of the love of God, the glory of God, the power of God, and the justice of God. But do we magnify His omniscience and His omnipotence as well?

We say that the more one shows love, the more he reveals God through his life; but, is that not true as well of spiritual knowledge? The more we know about God, the better we can share Him with others.

I once heard someone pray, “Lord, I thank you that I’m ignorant, and I pray that you’ll make me more ignorant.” Not me!!! My prayer is, “Lord, give me wisdom. Give me the wisdom to know more of you each day that I may share you with others and know more of your mighty handiwork. Then I can surely cry out, “O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!” Psalm 8:9



What to do:
✞ Praise God for His being, His omniscience, His omnipresence and His omnipotence.
✞ Praise God that He knows you and is mindful of you.
✞ Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)Praise God for His being, His omniscience, His omnipresence and His omnipotence.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email