Sunday, January 30, 2022

Daily Devotion: Loving Jesus

Bible Reading: II Corinthians 5:1-15

Key Verse: Verse 14 – “For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:”

Key Words: For the love of Christ constraineth us

We know Jesus loves us, but can others tell our love for Him?

In 1864 William Ralph Featherston wrote a poem entitled “My Jesus, I Love Thee.” The poem was later put to music in 1876. Adoniram Judson said of William Featherston that no words could better describe him than his own. His love for Jesus showed through him.

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.
~ William Ralph Featherston, 1864

I wonder when I die if others will be able to say of me, “His love for Jesus showed through him.” Do you wonder the same?


What to do:
✞ Let others see Jesus’ love through you. “Charity never faileth.”

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email