Thursday, January 6, 2022

Daily Devotion: God’s Law: I Love Them That Love Me

Bible Reading: Proverbs 8:1-17

Key Verse: Verse 17 – “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.”

Key Words: I love them that love me

It’s hard not to love someone who loves you!  I am reminded of the words found in I Corinthians 13:8, “Charity never faileth.”

We used to have a little dachshund dog named Fritz.  That dog would get so excited about seeing me.  I still remember vividly in the evening when I would drive up in the driveway that Fritz would begin to jump up and down and run with excitement around the back yard.  Now, I couldn’t ignore him.. How could I just walk away from a dog that excited about seeing me?  I have to admit that it was touching.  As long as I would stay in the back yard with that dog he would run and jump with excitement.  I loved that dog, because he genuinely loved me.

When the grandkids are at the house and I drive up, they will often begin to yell “PawPaw is home!” and they’ll run and greet me with hugs and kisses.  You know, no matter what they’ve gotten into that day, they are easy to love because they love me.

Now I’m really not into texting, but I get a text occasionally from Linda (my wife) saying “I love you,” and, “I love you, too.”  How could I not after 50 years of her putting up with me and my somewhat crazy schedule?

I think by now you are getting the point.

I love those mentioned above for many reasons, one of which is that they love me.

God says, “I love them that love me.”  It is easy to see why.  The question is, does He love you because you love Him?  I truly hope so.

What to do:
✞ Remember love is not so much in the words “I love you” as it is in the actions and demonstrations towards you.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email