Monday, May 10, 2021

Daily Devotion: HONORABLE ACTIONS

Bible Reading: Job 2:1-10

Key Verse: Verse 10 – “But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.”

Key Words: In all this did not Job sin with his lips

You have to admire Job. All that he’s gone through and is going to go through, yet Job’s actions were honorable.

I doubt that you’ll find any believer that in some shape, form, or fashion doesn’t think the actions of Job were honorable.

Job was being watched in how he handled his adversity by God, Satan, his wife, his friends, and I’m sure others as well. One thing I’ve discovered in this life is you must at all times conduct yourself with honor.

I went to Walmart on Valentine’s Day to get the granddaughters a Valentine gift. After checking out, I was greeted by one of the greeters with these words, “Have a good day, Pastor Rouse.” Turning and looking at her, she quickly said, “No, you don’t know me, but I know you.” I then nodded my head and said, “You have a good day as well.” As I turned to walk away, the young lady who had checked me out came running around the corner and said, “Pastor Rouse, you forgot one of your gifts.” I guess I looked at her with a puzzled look because she, as well, responded by saying, “You don’t know me, but I know you.”

As I was walking out to my car, I gazed at the dozens of people in the parking lot and I asked myself: “How many of these people know who I am?” This was a wake-up call for me to always conduct myself with honor for I never know who is watching.


What to do:

✞ Remember, today someone is watching you – may they not be disappointed.



Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email