Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Daily Devotion: THE HONOR OF FAITHFUL CHURCH ATTENDANCE

Bible Reading: Psalm 122

Key Verse: Verse 1 -I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.”

Key Words: I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD

Now, I know Psalm 122 is not a reference to the “local New Testament church,” but it is a reference to the assembling together of God’s people. I also know that it is a reference to the Jewish people. I’ve got a saying that goes, “I’ll not let a Jew do under the law what I can do under grace.”

Faithful church attendance is honorable for the following Biblical reasons.

First of all, church attendance is a demonstration of my Christianity. In Acts 11:26 we are told that the followers of Christ were first called Christians in Antioch, and the reason for that was because of their steadfastness in attending church.

Secondly, church attendance is a way I can demonstrate my desire to grow spiritually. Certainly the church is a place where I can be fed the Word of God and it is that Word which produces spiritual growth in my life (I Peter 2:2).

Thirdly, church attendance is a way of sharing my life with others. 1) Acts 2:42 – we have fellowship with others, 2) Acts 2:42 – we can pray for others, and 3) Acts 4:32-35 – we can share with others.

Fourthly, church attendance is a demonstration of my obedience to the Word of God. We are told in Hebrews 10:25 not to forsake “the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is....” This verse is not a request by God but rather a command.

Fifthly, church attendance is a demonstration of my love for God. Church attendance, as we have already seen, is a command of God; but it goes beyond that. We are told in John 14:15, “If you love me, keep my commandments.” So my church attendance (along with other things) is a demonstration of my love for God.

So let us never forget that when we are faithful to God’s House, we are not only doing something honorable, we are also honoring God.


What to do:

✞ Be faithful in your church attendance.




Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email