Sunday, May 23, 2021

Daily Devotion: HONORABLE CHARACTER

Bible Reading: I Thessalonians 2:1-12

Key Verse: Verse 12 – “That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.”

Key Words: walk worthy of God

I Thessalonians 2:1-12 set forth these qualities of Christian character: 1) gracious speech, 2) exemplary conduct, 3) fervent love, 4) a sanctified spirit, 5) a strong faith, and 6) a pure life. The believer who reflects these Christlike characteristics will leave a lasting impression upon the unsaved.

S. H. Hadley tells of a man whose life demonstrates this. He said, “One night after talking to the men at McAuley’s Bowery Mission, I invited them to accept Christ. Among those who came forward was a derelict often seen wandering on the streets. When I knelt beside him, he was already praying. He kept repeating just one sentence, ‘Dear Lord, make me LIKE JOE.’ I interrupted him and said, ‘Ask God to make you LIKE JESUS!’ Opening his eyes in astonishment, he asked, ‘Is Jesus any better than Joe?’ I knew what he meant. Everybody loved Joe, and rightly so, for after his conversion he had dedicated himself to the Lord and had led many to the Saviour by his loving witness and consistent life. We had just buried Joe that afternoon, and the vagrants on the bowery wept openly. The man who had come forward for salvation had seen Christ in him. It was Christ living out His life through Joe that had made him the influence he was.”

I wonder how many people because of our character say, Lord, make me like them?


What to do:

✞ Let others see Jesus in you!!


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email