Monday, July 13, 2020

Daily Devotion: A Biblical View of Money


Bible Reading: I Timothy 6:1-10

Key Verse: Verse 10 – “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Key Words: For the love of money

In I Timothy 6:10 the Apostle Paul warns Timothy about loving money. He said, “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some have coveted after, they have erred from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” This verse reveals to us a three-fold danger in regard to loving money.
  1. The love of money causes us to covet.
  2. The love of money causes us to err from the faith.
  3. The love of money causes us to have many sorrows.
It is for this reason I have developed the philosophy that I will give more to God each month than I give to anything or anyone else. My largest financial outgo each month will always be to God. This philosophy helps me in the following ways.
  • It causes me to place God first in my finances.
  • It causes me to pray about major purchases.
  • It keeps me from over-committing myself financially.
  • It keeps me from buying impulsively.
  • It keeps me from breaking the first commandment: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”
  • It keeps me from breaking the tenth commandment: “Thou shalt not covet.”
  • It certainly helps me to keep my budget in line.
  • It causes me to ask God to supply rather than to depend on myself.
I am convinced that many of our church families are strapped financially simply because they do not apply any spiritual principles to their purchases. Let me close by saying something I always say in regard to money, “Show me where you spend your money, and I will show you where your heart is.” May our hearts always belong to God and our money will always follow.


What to do:
✞ Love people – use things.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email