Saturday, November 11, 2017

Daily Devotion: The When of Sorrow

Bible Reading: Judges 11:29-40

Key Verse: Verse 35- “And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back."

Key Words: when he saw her, that he rent his clothes

There are times when it’s not wise to make decisions--- when you are discouraged (Numbers 13—men of Israel), when you are tired (Esau), when you are angry (Jonah), and when you are over excited (Zephthah). The decision you make will have everything to do with a life of joy or sorrow.

A Sunday School teacher told his class about the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man. One was privileged in this world, while the other found peace in heaven. After the teacher had shared these truths, he posed this question to his class, “Now which would you rather be, boys, the Rich Man or Lazarus?” One guy raised his hand and replied, “I’d like to be the Rich Man while I’m living, and Lazarus when I die.” We have to decide which kingdom we will join because God has not granted us the option of serving both kingdoms simultaneously. Commitment involves choosing to be faithful to one while forsaking the other. That’s called making a decision!


What to do:
✞ Know that the decisions of today determine our life for the tomorrow.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email