Friday, November 3, 2017

Daily Devotion: The When in What

Bible Reading: Genesis 12:10-20

Key Verse: Verse 14 - “And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair."

Key Words: when Abram was come into Egypt

Have you ever been in a place you know you don’t belong? That’s where Abram is. He is in Egypt; now what does he do? He is in a MESS. He is between a rock and a hard place. I can’t say for sure that I know how Abram felt, but I do believe I have a good idea of his feelings.

Some years ago, we took our girls to a theme park. It was around noon on a hot August day, and we couldn’t find a shade tree anywhere that wasn’t already occupied. Drinks were priced higher than the third heaven. So we couldn’t find any shade and couldn’t afford a drink. Then I got this super idea. We will go to see the “Western” live performance. BAD IDEA! We walked into a nice air conditioned building, sat down front and waited for the show to begin. When it finally started, out came the bar girls dancing and kicking up a storm to music that would have made a lost sailor blush. My girls were looking at me all glazy-eyed. My wife asked what we were doing here and when were we leaving. Remember we are right down front. If we walk out, everyone will see us. If we stay, I’ll get a lot of questions to answer from my wife and girls. I knew we had to leave, but the question was when. The answer was immediately. So we got up and walked sheepishly out.

The point is when we find ourselves in a bad situation like Abram, then what should we do. I believe the answer is for you to do right. It’s never right to continue to do wrong. Then you’ve done two wrongs.

So the next time, when you find yourself in the wrong place and you ask, “Now what do I do?” Do right!


What to do:
✞ Always do right.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email