Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Daily Devotion: What Shall I Do?

Bible Reading: Exodus 17:1-7

Key Verse: Verse 4– “And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me."

Key Words: What shall I do unto this people

Try to imagine the frustration Moses must have felt as he dealt with the children of Israel.

Have you ever been bewildered by a situation and wondered, “Now what do I do?” Reminds me of a humorous story I read some time back.

Harry Truman enjoyed telling about the man who was hit on the head at work. The blow was so severe he was knocked unconscious for an extended period of time. His family, convinced he was dead, called the funeral home and asked the local undertaker to pick him up at the hospital, which he did. Early the following morning this dear man suddenly awoke and sat straight up in the casket. Confused, he blinked several times and looked around, trying to put the whole thing together. He thought, “If I’m alive, what in the world am I doing in this soft, satin-filled box? And if I’m dead, why do I have to go to the bathroom?”

I think he was bewildered, don’t you? Moses was bewildered about what to do with the murmuring Israelites. Strangely enough, I for one, understand.




Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email