Monday, October 30, 2017

Daily Devotion: What is Truth?

Bible Reading: John 18:28-40

Key Verse: Verse 38 - “Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

Key Words: What is truth

Jesus is in his last days in his earthly ministry he is now standing before Pilate. In verse 37, Jesus is responding to a question from Pilate "Art thou a King then?" Jesus says "for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice". Pilate then ask the endless question "What is truth?" Pilate 's question revealed at least these things about himself. First he didn't realize who Jesus was (John 14:6). Secondly something we all know - Pilate wasn't saved.

May I add here I would rather deal with someone who has "no truth" than someone who is blinded by partial truth. Let me explain with an illustration.

Once the Devil was walking along with one of his cohorts. They saw a man ahead of them pick up something shiny. "What did he find?" asked the cohort.

"A piece of the truth." the Devil replied.

"Doesn't it bother you that he found a piece of the truth?" asked the cohort.

"No," said the Devil, "I will see to it that he makes a religion our of it."

It's always wise to remember that there is no such thing as partial truth. Partial truth equals a whole lie. So what is truth? - Jesus.


What to do:
✞ Memorize John 14:6 - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email