Thursday, August 24, 2017

Daily Devotion: Why Are You A Trouble-Maker?

Bible Reading: Mark 14:1-9

Key Verse: Verse 6 - “And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me."

Key Words: why trouble ye her?


The word trouble carries the idea to bother, cause grief. I love what Jesus said, “Let her alone.”

I’ve always been amazed by some, who, if things are not done to their liking, they become troublesome to others.

Years ago I was plowing in my garden and the neighbor’s dog evidently didn’t care for me. He came running up alongside the fence where I was plowing and began to bark and growl at me. Now, at this point I had not bothered the poor animal a single time; but he was having a barking fit running back and forth along the fence line wishing he could get to me. Well, it wasn’t long before another dog started barking and then another and another. Well, before long there were a half-dozen dogs just a yelping away at me, but only one of those dogs knew why he was barking, and he didn’t have a reason.

Remember, the word trouble in our text means bother, cause grief. Well, that’s what that dog was trying to do; he was trying to bother me and give me some grief. That’s what a trouble-maker does. They bother you wanting to cause grief in your life.

When I see these people, I want to shout out like Jesus, “Let them alone! They are doing what they can!”

So let me encourage you. Don’t be disheartened because of some trouble-makers. Just remind them to let you alone…you are doing what you can.


What to do:
✞ Don’t let the trouble-makers keep you from doing what you can.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email