Monday, August 28, 2017

Daily Devotion: Why Are You Gazing?

Bible Reading: Acts 1:1-11

Key Verse: Verse 11 - “Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

Key Words: why stand ye gazing

Nothing wrong with gazing…we are told to, “Looking unto Jesus,” (Hebrews 12:2); but gazing doesn’t accomplish much.

I remember the first time I saw the woman that was to be my future bride. I stood there gazing. Now again, there is nothing wrong with gazing, but if all I ever do is gaze at her, she is going to think I am some kind of “nut case.” After we got married, I still gazed at her, but she certainly expected more from me than gazing. She wanted me to do some work: mow the grass, clean the car, repair things that are broken around the house.

The essence of what the angel is saying was, “Don’t just stand here! Get busy! This same Jesus Who is taken up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go. He is coming again! Get busy!”

Four questions every person needs to answer.
  1. Who are you? Not your name, but spiritually who are you? Hopefully a child of God.
  2. Why are you here? Why did God put you on this earth? For His good pleasure.
  3. Where are you going? Eternally, where are you going? Hopefully, heaven.
  4. How do you get there? Through Jesus Christ.


What to do:
✞ Don’t be caught just gazing at heaven, get busy populating it.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email