Friday, April 16, 2021

Daily Devotion: I Dare You

Bible Reading: II Kings 10: 1-17

Key Verse: Verse 16 – “And he said, Come with me, and see my zeal for the LORD. So they made him ride in his chariot.”

Key Words: Come with me, and see my zeal for the LORD

Come on, I dare you! As a child I often heard these words from my peers. But I never recall any of my peers ever daring me to be a Christian in my actions and attitudes.

In our Scripture reading for today, Jehu had determined to take Israel back from the worship of Baal to worshipping the true and living God. In verse sixteen he gives Jehonadab a dare: “If your heart is right, then come and see my zeal for the Lord.” In essence, Jeho is saying, “Come with me, I dare you.”

In a sermon by Missionary Carlos Ortiz, he spoke of a conversation he had with a circus trapeze artist. The performer admitted the net underneath him was there to keep them from injuring, or even killing, themselves with a fall.

Then he added, “The net also keeps us from being nervous about a possible fall. It is a source of strength to us. Imagine if there was no net. We would be so afraid; we undoubtedly would make some mistakes causing us to fall. We dare to do what we do, thanks to the net.”

Ortiz made this observation, “We have security in God. When we are sure in His arms we dare to do great things for Him. We dare to attempt big things for God. We dare to be holy. We dare to be obedient. We dare to be different. Because we know that the eternal arms of God will hold us and keep us from the fall.”

So as a Christian, if we are to resemble Christ, we must dare to be different from the world. We can rest assured that in doing so, we are safe in the arms of God.


What to do:

✞ Take a dare. Be a Christian in your conduct and attitude. Come on, I dare you!


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email