Thursday, April 22, 2021

Daily Devotion: Christians Are Thankful

Bible Reading: Psalm 100

Key Verse: Verse 4 – Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Key Words: be thankful unto him

All of us – yes, all of us – this includes you and me – have many, many reasons to be thankful. If we are to be Christian in our actions and attitude and resemble Christ, then we are to be a thankful person. Let me reiterate, we all have reasons to be thankful.

It is said that one day Charles Spurgeon was robbed after which he said he had three reasons to be thankful. First of all, he said, “I’m thankful that the robber took my money and not my life.” Secondly, he said, “I’m thankful that I did not have my money with me.” And thirdly, he said, “I’m thankful it was I who was robbed and not I who robbed.”

As two men were walking through a field, they spotted an angry bull. Instantly they darted toward the nearest fence. The raging bull followed in hot pursuit. It was soon apparent that they were not going to outrun the raging bull. Terrified, one shouted to the other, “Put up a prayer, John, because we are in for it!” John answered, “I can’t. I’ve never prayed in public.” “But you must,” shouted his partner, “the bull is catching up to us.” “All right,” panted John, “I’ll say the only prayer I know, the one my father used to repeat before every meals. ‘Oh, Lord, for what we are about to receive, make us truly thankful.’”

I’m reminded of what Paul told the church at Thessalonica, “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (I Thessalonians 5:18)

Christians are thankful people.


What to do:

✞ Ask God to give you an attitude of gratitude.



Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email