Friday, April 9, 2021

Daily Devotion: Christians Are Not Forgotten

Bible Reading: Matthew 10:16-42

Key Verse: Verse 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.”

Key Words: he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it

I love football; and in the ‘60s the Green Bay Packers were unbelievable. But do you know, I tried to remember the simple starting lineup of either their offense or defense and I batted zero. I could remember only three or four on each team. And I thought I would never forget them. Famous people back then, but forgotten today.

Bobby Richardson talks about this in a poem at the end of his book on his life. As long as you’ve got your batting average up there, everybody knows about Bobby Richardson, everybody knows who plays second base for the Yankees, but three, four, five years later, “Who was the fellow?” Famous then, but forgotten now. Or some great basketball team in the days of the Celtics when they just swept it year after year in the NBA.

And I’m just using sports as an example. The same could be said of stardom. The same could be said for great scientists. They’ve come and gone. They’ve left their works, but their names are forgotten. Men honor and highlight the famous and then they forget them. God, however, remembers the unknowns and never forgets us. Such is the life and joy of being a Christian.


What to do:

✞ Live for the Lord, He will never forget you. The world always will!!


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email