Friday, April 23, 2021

Daily Devotion: The Christians And Prayer

Bible Reading: Psalm 4

Key Verse: Verse 1 –Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.”

Key Words: I was in distress

The Christian (the person who resembles Christ) spends time in prayer and desires to do so. What an honor and privilege to be allowed in before the Throne of the Almighty One!

Have you ever considered though that much of what perplexes us in our daily life is nothing but God answering our prayers? Let me explain.

We pray for patience and God sends us tribulation because it’s tribulation that worketh patience (Romans 5:3-5).

We pray for submission and God sends us suffering. We learn obedience through suffering (Hebrews 5:8).

We ask for unselfishness and God gives us opportunities to sacrifice ourselves for others (Philippians 2:4).

We pray for victory and triumph, and the storms of life come swooping down upon us; but it’s through the storms of life that God brings victory (I John 5:4).

We pray for strength and humility and some messenger from Satan comes to buffet us (II Corinthians 12:7).

We pray for love and God allows into our life some of the most unloving people one could ever meet (I Corinthians 13:4-8).

As Christians we understand that God knows how to best answer our prayers. We simply cry out, “To God be the glory for the great things He hath done.


What to do:

✞ Let prayer be the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.



Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email