Friday, March 6, 2020

Daily Devotion: I Am What I Am


Bible Reading: I Corinthians 15:1-10

Key Verse: Verse 10 – “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Key Words: But by the grace of God I am what I am

Grace is everything for nothing. It is helping the helpless, going to those who cannot come in their own strength. ~ Lehman Strauss

A friend called on John Newton, author of the beloved hymn "Amazing Grace," in the later years of his life. A portion of Scripture was read, including the verse, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Cor. 15:10). Newton then commented, "I am not what I ought to be. How imperfect and deficient! I am not what I wish to be. I abhor what is evil and I would cleave to what is good. I am not what I hope to be. Soon I shall put off immortality, all sin, and imperfection. Yet though I am not what I ought to be, nor what I wish to be, or what I hope to be, I can truly say that I am not what I once was - a slave to sin and Satan; and I can heartily join with the apostle and acknowledge, 'By the grace of God I am what I am.'"

Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines Him to bestow benefits on the undeserving.
~ A. W. Tozer


What to do:
✞ If it wasn’t for God’s grace, we could not even begin to imagine what we would be.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email