Monday, December 4, 2017

Daily Devotion: Who Made the Image?

Bible Reading: Judges 17

Key Verse: Verse 4 –“Yet he restored the money unto his mother; and his mother took two hundred shekels of silver, and gave them to the founder, who made thereof a graven image and a molten image: and they were in the house of Micah."

Key Words: who made thereof a graven image

What you do with your money speaks volumes about what is important in your life. Micah took the 200 shekels of silver his mother gave him to make a molten image to worship.

Now I doubt that any of us would do that, but we do buy houses, lands, recreational equipment, etc., and we often do worship it—which is no different than what Micah did.

I love Monopoly. I’m a consummate entrepreneur. I like taking something, crafting and building it to then see how I can expand it more. When I play this game, I get very “Trumpheptic” in the way I try to take over. My main goal and aim is to purchase Park Place and Boardwalk because they are the most valuable properties on the board. If I get those two pieces of property, then I’ve begun building Mr. Evans’s neighborhood. I will put up some green houses and start charging rent. And if you can’t pay, then you must leave the game. I’m a barracuda when I am playing Monopoly.

There is also a depressing time when I am playing Monopoly. That is when the game is over. It is then that I’m reminded it was all a game. When the game is over, the green houses, the red hotels, and all that paper money must go back into the box. Then we close the box and I come back to the real world.

One day, they are going to close the box. When they do, it will not matter what you left behind because it’s going to someone else. When they close the box, what will matter is what you forwarded ahead. What time, talents, and treasures you had that had eternity attached to them.


What to do:
✞ Lay up your treasures in heaven.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email