Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Daily Devotion: Who Hath Blessed Us?

Bible Reading: Ephesians 1:1-7

Key Verse: Verse 3 – “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"

Key Words: who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ

Tony Evans writes in regard to Ephesians 1:3…

I live down in a bit of a gully. Awhile back, I had a TV put in but couldn’t seem to get a clear picture. I was fiddling with knobs and couldn’t get anything to work. I called the company from whom I’d bought the TV and asked them to come out and assist me in getting it working. The repairman fiddled with knobs and couldn’t get anything working either. Eventually, scratching his head, he asked if he could go on top of our roof. He went up there and tried to fool with the antenna. Still nothing. He kept on twisting, turning, and tweaking. Our view on the TV went from hazy to completely straight. When the man came down from the roof, I expected him to tell me that the problem was with the antenna. He surprised me when he told me that the problem was the location of my house! Because my house is located in the gully and high trees surround us, our location basically blocked our reception of the signal. The repairman actually got a long pole from his truck, took the antenna off, put the pole directly onto the roof, then added the antenna to the pole so that the antenna would rise high enough above the trees to get a signal.

The problem was not the set. The problem was not the antenna. The problem was my location. If you’ve been turning knobs in your life for years, and your life won’t get into focus, the problem might be your location. Are you living in heavenly places?


What to do:
✞Are you located so you can receive these heavenly blessings?

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email