Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Daily Devotion: Who Art Thou?

Bible Reading: Ruth 3:8-18

Key Verse: Verse 9 – “And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman."

Key Words: I am Ruth

You find the question, “Who art thou?” twice in chapter three. In verse 9, Boaz asks, “Who art thou?” and her answer was, “I am Ruth thine handmaid.” The word handmaid simply means ‘a female servant.’ In verse 16, Naomi asks the question, “Who art thou?” but no answer is given.

What a great question, “Who art thou?” So let me ask each of us, “Who are we? Why are we here? Where are we going? How do we get there?” Well, as for me, I am a child of God. I am here for God’s good pleasure and glory. I am going to heaven because I have been born again by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8).

A.B. Simpson is reported to have said that the gospel “Tells rebellious men that God is reconciled, that justice is satisfied, that sin has been atoned for, that the judgment of the guilty may be revoked, the condemnation of the sinner cancelled, the curse of the Law blotted out, the gates of hell closed, the portals of heaven opened wide, the power of sin subdued, the guilty conscience healed, the broken heart comforted, the sorrow and misery of the Fall undone."

To God be the glory for the great things He hath done!


What to do:
✞ Honestly answer the following---

  • Who are you?
  • Why are you here?
  • Where are you going?
  • How do you get there?


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email