Saturday, February 4, 2023

Daily Devotion: The Torch & The Puddle


Bible Reading:  Isaiah 54:11-17

Key Verse: Verse 17- “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.”

Key Words: No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper

Let me begin by saying that I know Isaiah 54 was written in regard to the nation of Israel; and I also know that its message is prophetic.  With that being stated, let me say, I also know that, as Donald Grey Barnhouse once said, “Spiritual onslaughts are wiped away by the power of the Spirit.”


Barnhouse reports the following.


One rainy day as we drove at more than sixty miles an hour on a highway in the southwest, a great truck approached us; it hit a puddle and flung gallons of muddy water in front of us.  As I cautiously applied the brakes, the wiper and the fresh rain worked together to clear the windshield and to restore visibility.  At no moment were we endangered by the muddy bath.


Spiritual onslaughts are wiped away by the power of the Holy Spirit who maintains us in the heavenly places in Christ.  I have learned to enter into the secret place where ‘no weapon that is fashioned against you shall prosper, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment.  This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, says the Lord.’” (Isaiah 54:17)




What to do:
✞ Do not rely on your own strength; but rely on the strength of the Lord.
✞ Often, what appears to be dangerous is nothing more than opportunity.  Be brave and use every opportunity for God’s glory.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email