Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Daily Devotion: Do I Get the Job?


Bible Reading: Proverbs 8:1-10 

Key Verse: Verse 10 - Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.”

Key Words: Receive my instruction

Proverbs, chapter eight, deals with the wisdom of God’s Word. In verses one through nine, we see the plea of God’s Word; in verses ten through twenty-one, we see the riches of God’s Word; and in verses twenty-two through thirty-six, we see the influence of God’s Word.

Some time back I read a story of the importance of God’s Word. The story went like this:

I would like a job as tutor, teacher, and advisor to your family. I will never take a vacation. I will never be out of humor. I don’t smoke or drink. I will not borrow your clothes or raid your refrigerator.

I will be up in the morning as early as anyone in the house, and I will stay up as late as anyone wishes. I will help solve any problems your children might have. I will give you the satisfaction of knowing that no question your children ask will go unanswered. For that matter, I will answer any of your questions or subjects that range from, “How did I get here?” to “Where am I headed?”

I will help settle any difference of opinion anyone or you may have. I will give you information that will help you with your job, your family, and all other interests.

In short, I will give you the knowledge that will ensure the continued success of your family.

I AM YOUR BIBLE!!

DO I GET THE JOB?



What to do:
    ✞ Consult the Bible before you consult with others about the problem you are facing.
    ✞ Employ the Bible as your “boss.”
    ✞ Always remember, God’s Word is your final authority.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email