Sunday, June 7, 2020

Daily Devotion: The Open Bible


Bible Reading: Psalm 119:41-48

Key Verse: Verse 46 – “I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.

Key Words: and will not be ashamed

Many hotels in countries around the world have a Bible in each room. Just open a drawer and you will find it.

David McCasland tells the following story:

“During a recent hotel stay, I was surprised to see an open Bible placed prominently on the table in the lobby. When I reached my room, instead of the Bible being in a drawer, it was lying open on the desk. My guess is that the owner decided to draw people’s attention to the presence of God and His Word as they travel, often alone and sometimes in great need.

This caused me to ponder my own response to the Scriptures. Is the Bible open in my heart for people to see? Do my actions give evidence that I am continually meditating on God’s Word?”

Psalm 119 is filled with praise for the wonders of God’s Word. The psalmist says, “And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed. And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved” (Psalm 119:45-47).

Since every life is an open book, let us seek to demonstrate the love and power of God’s Word, the Bible, for everyone to see.


What to do:
✞ Through your demeanor and attitude, let others see God’s Word working through you.
✞ It is important that we live the Word.
✞ Always ask: “If I am the only book people read today, will they learn the love of God?”

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email