Monday, June 15, 2020

Daily Devotion: Live By The Word


Bible Reading: Luke 4:1-13

Key Verse: Verse 4 - “And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Key Words: And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Have you ever read what others have said about the Word of God and how it impacts life?

Note the following:

George Washington said, “It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.”

Abraham Lincoln said, “I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this book and balance it with faith; and you will live and die a better man.”

Woodrow Wilson said, “I have a very simple thing to ask of you. I ask every man and woman to realize that America’s destiny lies in their daily perusal of this blessed book.”

Captain Eddie Rickenbacker stated, “The Bible is one book for one world. Today I realize that I would not be here had it not been for the spiritual light and the moral power learned from this book, which have carried me through the many crises of my life.”

Douglas McArthur said, “Believe me, never a night goes by, be I ever so tired, but I read the Word of God before I go to bed.”

Herbert Hoover said, “The whole of the inspiration of our civilization springs from the teachings of Christ. To read the Bible is a necessity for America to live.”

Dwight D. Eisenhower said, “To read the Bible is to take a trip to a fair land where the spirit is strengthened and faith renewed.”

Surely we must understand that we do not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.


What to do:
✞ Ask God to reveal to you the real importance of God’s Word for your family and for our nation.
✞ Commit yourself each day, not just to feed the body, but to also feed the soul.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email