Monday, May 18, 2020

Daily Devotion: The Removed Heart


Bible Reading: Isaiah 29:13-24

Key Verse: Verse 13 – “Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Key Words: but have removed their heart far from me

The word removed is a key word in our text verse. It means exited to a faraway place. Kind of sounds like the prodigal son of Luke 15 who took his journey into a far country. The prodigal’s heart was removed from the father even before he left home. His heart was far, far away.

What we need today is a generation of Christians who will have the guts to believe that following God has pleasure. It is not a boring life.

There is a story of a kite that was flying and the kite began to talk to itself. The kite said , “If only I could get rid of this string . If the string wasn’t holding me back, then I could fly. I could fly above the clouds. I could fly as high as I wanted to. If I could get rid of this string, there would be nothing holding me back. I’m limited by this string.”

One day the kite got its wish. The string broke and the kite came crashing down. What the kite did not realize was that the same string that kept it down also kept it up. Cutting the string did not make it freer.

We will always head toward disaster when we cut the string of dependence on God in search of more pleasure. The same string that seems to hold you down also keeps you flying high. God wants us to trust Him and let Him hold the string. Staying connected to Him keeps us from falling and having a removed heart and going far, far away.


What to do:
✞ Remember, your heart can be moved by the Holy Spirit or removed by Satan. It’s your call.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email