Sunday, May 24, 2020

Daily Devotion: A Confident Heart


Bible Reading: Proverbs 3:1-10

Key Verse: Verse 5 - “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Key Words: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart

True faith has no room for doubt. Where there is doubt, there is no true faith.

Several years ago I was traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah. Reservations were made and I had chosen my seat (I always choose a window seat). When I boarded the plane, to my amazement, a young boy was sitting in my reserved seat. I chose to not make a scene and just took the aisle seat. Sitting in front of us were three teen-aged girls who looked to be in their early teens; and it was obvious none of them had ever flown before. As the plane began to taxi down the runway, you would have thought that they were on a ride at Six Flags. Finally, it came time for the plane to take off and the pressure pushed the girls back in their seats. About now they are screaming and crying, not out of joy but out of fear. It was then that my little flying companion leaned forward and rebuked the girls, telling them to knock off the screaming and crying and assuring them that all was well. One of the young teens turned around and as best she could asked, “How do you know everything is alright?” To which the young boy said, “Because my daddy is the pilot!”

He had total faith and trust that all was well because he had a personal relationship with the pilot. You can say he had a confident heart.

In all of life’s situations we, as well, know that all is well because our Heavenly Father is the pilot of our lives and He makes no mistakes.

Today, let God pilot your life and have a confident heart that all will end well.


What to do:
✞ If you are not trusting God with all your heart, then you are not walking by faith.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email