Monday, May 11, 2020

Daily Devotion: Put Your Heart Into It


Bible Reading: I Samuel 12:18-25

Key Verse: Verse 24 – “Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Key Words: serve him in truth with all your heart

Have you ever gone to a restaurant and the waiter had a bad attitude? The waiter didn't speak to you correctly, wasn't attentive, or kind of tossed dishes onto the table. Every now and then a waiter can act as if he or she doesn’t recognize who you are.

You see, number one, your company creates the opportunity for a job. No coming equals no customers, and no customers equal no income. A waiter is there to serve you. This is their purpose. A correct attitude will be reflected in statements like…

“Yes, sir.”
“So glad to have you here today.”
“Ah, just a moment, we’ll seat you shortly.”
“I’m sorry it’s taking so long.”
“We finally have a table for you, why don’t you follow me.”
“Can I get you something to drink?”
“Can I get you some appetizers?”
“This item is particularly good. I had that yesterday and I’d love to recommend it to you.”
“Is there anything on the menu I can explain further to you? I’d be happy to do it.”

When you get that kind of waiter, the kind who is concerned with your well-being, who doesn’t think you came to the restaurant for them, who acts as if they exist at the restaurant to service you, who behaves like you are the only reason they’re there, it is a wonderful experience.

All of a sudden when you get the check and you measure the tip, even folks who hate tipping, even cheap tippers, have to reconsider the agenda. Why? Because of how they’ve served you. Because of their consciousness to please you. Because of their desire to make you feel good about that experience at that restaurant.

God didn’t create you and save you so that He could serve you. He created you and saved you so that you could serve Him. He wants you to service Him.

“God, what can I do for You today?”
“How can I please You today?”
“God, this is the best seat in the house. You can have it today.”
“God, You really need to know, I know it’s not about me, it’s about You.”
“God, I’m getting ready to go to bed but I want to let You know that between now and when I wake up in the morning, the first thought I am going to have is of how I can serve You again tomorrow. That’s why I’m here.”

When you decide that He is the reason why you are here, when you look at your check, there’s going to be a whopping tip because God loves to share with those who are there for Him. You’re here for Him. So when it comes to our service for God, put your heart into it.


What to do:
✞ Remember, a half-hearted effort is a total failure.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email