Friday, May 29, 2020

Daily Devotion: My Heart Shall Not Fear


Bible Reading: Psalm 27:1-7

Key Verse: Verse 3– “Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident..

Key Words: my heart shall not fear

David does not tell us which specific incident he is writing of in Psalm 27. It could have been when David stood against Goliath and the Philistines. It may have been when Absalom pursued after him or maybe when Saul and the army of Israel was after him. No matter what the reason, the psalmist is clear when he says, “Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear.”

Tony Evans tells the following story. “One time a dog was chasing my oldest granddaughter. She was only about four or five years old. She was just terrified. Now, I don’t think that dog was going to do anything to her but she didn’t know that. She was crying and screaming as she made her way to me as fast as her little legs would carry her. She was yelling my name, ‘Poppy! Poppy! Poppy!’ That little girl was in a complete state of terror. I ran to meet her and gathered her up in my arms. She was huffing, heaving, and puffing, totally out of breath.

“The dog ran up to me, stopped just short, and started backing away. The advance had ended. My granddaughter looked up at me and noticed that the dog was no longer a threat. She looked down at the dog, and then she looked up at me. She looked back down at the dog, and with a new verve and vigor, she said, ‘Na-na-nana-na!’

“Intimacy breeds confidence. When you are close to someone whom you love who has a lot more power than you do, you can piggyback.”


What to do:
✞ When God has your heart, there is no reason to fear.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email