Friday, February 1, 2019

February 2018: Emphasis on What I’ve Learned From Over 40 Years of Pastoring


“God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” –Tony Evans

"If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look 'little' or 'big'."
–Elisabeth Elliot

“If Christ is not all to you He is nothing to you. He will never go into partnership as a part Saviour of men. If He be something He must be everything, and if He be not everything He is nothing to you.” – Charles Spurgeon

“Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” – Corrie Ten Boom

“The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.” – Corrie Ten Boom

“Obedience means marching right on whether we feel like it or not. Many times we go against our feelings. Faith is one thing, feeling is another. Prayer does not mean that I am to bring God down to my thoughts and my purposes, and bend his government according to my foolish, silly, and sometimes sinful notions. Prayer means that I am to be raised up into feeling, into union and design with him; that I am to enter into his counsel and carry out his purpose fully.” - Dwight L. Moody

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email