Saturday, February 2, 2019

Daily Devotion: You Reap What You Sow


Bible Reading: Galatians 6:1-8

Key Verse: Verse 7 - "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Key Words: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap

The wheels of God’s justice often grind slowly, but they grind surely. Remember how Jacob deceived his father, Isaac (Genesis 26) but seven years later his uncle Laban deceived Jacob? We do reap what we sow.

You don’t have to like the law of gravity, but it is in your best interest to respect it. You don’t have to prefer it, but it’s not going to change for you. It is a law of nature. It is a divine law, not a negotiated law.

You may say, “Gravity, you are not going to tell me what to do. It’s my thing, and I’m going to do what I want to do. You are not my boss, Gravity! You are not my instructor! I’m my own man and I’m going to do what I want to do!”

“In fact, Gravity, just to let you know how I feel about you, I’m going to rebel. I’m going to get up on the top of this church building and I’m going to despise you. I’m going to jump. What do you think about that?”

The law of gravity won’t stop you. The law of gravity won’t hold you back. You can jump and, for a moment –a short moment- it may appear like you have outwitted and outsmarted gravity. It may appear like you have had the last word, but a few seconds later as we sweep you up off the pavement, it will become abundantly clear that you have adjusted to gravity; gravity did not adjust to you.

Sin has consequences, and we reap what we sow.


What to do:
✞ Understand that the wheels of God’s justice may grind slowly, so don’t think you’ve gotten away with any unjust act or deed…we reap what we sow…so do good!!

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email