Saturday, February 9, 2019

Daily Devotion: God Loves You and Me


Bible Reading: John 21:1-18

Key Verse: Verses 15,16,17 – “So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.” (vs 15) “He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.” (vs 16) “He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.” (vs17)

Key Words: Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these

The question is not, “Does God love me?” for the very essence of God is love (I John 4:8). The question is, “Do I love Him?” for there is no doubt of His love for us.

God’s gift of Christ seems all the more significant when you consider the vastness of our universe and our small role in it. If we were to experience a holocaust that destroyed our entire solar system, the massive inferno would be barely visible from the Andromeda galaxy. It would look like a match flaring faintly in the distance, then imploding into permanent darkness. Within this solar system which seems so large and incomprehensible to us, there lives roughly 7.6 billion people. To put that in further perspective, all of these people could stand shoulder to shoulder in an area about the size of Jacksonville, Florida (800 square miles). From the viewpoint of one galaxy among many, we are but a small spark on a flickering match. Yet, it was for this miniscule speck of humanity that Jesus Christ wrapped Himself in flesh so that we could unwrap the bounty of God’s unlimited love.


What to do:
✞ Let your love for God show through your life - for there is no doubt He loves you, but how much do you love Him?

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email