Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Daily Devotion: Giving


Bible Reading: Acts 20:28-38

Key Verse: Verse 35 - “I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Key Words: It is more blessed to give than to receive.

I could give one testimony after another of how God has blessed my wife and me. I believe because of our faithful giving of money, time and energy to the Lord’s work.

I have a plan for how much we give, it goes like this. I will never give more to pay any bill than I give to God. Then if I have a big mortgage payment, I pay it and we give more than that to God in one tithe. My number one financial output goes to God.

A mother wanted to teach her daughter a moral lesson, She gave the little girl a quarter and a dollar for church. “Put whichever you want in the collection plate and keep the other for yourself,” she told the girl. When they were coming out of church, the mother asked the daughter which amount she had given. “Well,” said the little girl. “I was going to give the dollar, but just before the collection the man in the pulpit said that we should be cheerful givers. I knew I’d be a lot more cheerful if I gave the quarter, so I did.”

I can almost assure you the little girl was a Baptist.


What to do:
✞ Most every person at some point in their ministry is accused of always asking for money. My response to that is always, “Well if you’d give it voluntarily, I wouldn’t have to ask for it!” So remember it’s more blessed to give than to receive.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email