Monday, December 31, 2018

Daily Devotion: The Bad Leader


Bible Reading: I Kings 12:1-19

Key Verse: Verses 11 & 13 – "And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions." (vs 11) "And the king answered the people roughly, and forsook the old men's counsel that they gave him;" (vs 13)

Key Words: I will add to your yoke (vs 11) And the king answered the people roughly (vs 13)

Rehoboam wasn’t a leader; he was a tyrant. He was cruel and demeaning. As a result, the people rebelled against Rehoboam. A lesson every leader should learn is that evil breeds rebellion.

In the magazine Bits & Pieces they state that there are six character traits of a bad leader.
  1. Aggressive against people who do not agree with them.
  2. Apprehensive that others are scheming against them.
  3. Fatalistic in thinking that most workers are not to be trusted.
  4. Inflexible: all work must be done as they say, without any deviation.
  5. Impulsive: preferring action to thinking.
  6. Self-willed: thinks of self before thinking of others or the organization.
It was General Douglas MacArthur who said, “The greatest quality of a leader is selflessness.”

Woodrow Wilson said, “I use not only my own brains, but also all that I can borrow.”


What to do:
✞ Understand that without God, you can do nothing.

href="http://www.refreshingdaily.org/p/salvation.html">Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email