Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Daily Devotion: A Round Tuit

Bible Reading: James 5:1-7

Key Verse: Verse 1 - "Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you."

Key Words: Go to now

Whatever you do, don’t lose this Tuit. It’s of great value. Tuits are not easy to obtain, especially the round ones. As a matter of fact, they are extremely hard to find. I know, because I see people looking for them all the time. “Pastor, I’ll be at church Sunday if I can get a round tuit.” “I’ll teach that class if I can get a round tuit.” “I’ll get rid of this sinful habit when I can get a round tuit.” “I’ll get that job done around the church as soon as I can get a round tuit.”

You see the importance of putting your own personal round tuit in a safe place? They are especially hard to find and because they are so rare, they are highly valuable.

Enough of the silliness! Most of us never get a round tuit because of three things.
  1. We are not “mentally organized.” That is a polite way of saying we are “scatter-brained.”
  2. We lack the self-discipline to go out and get the job done.
  3. We attempt things in our own strength rather than asking God to intercede for us.
But are you aware that the Bible teaches us that God has given us the ability to mentally organize our thoughts (Proverbs 16:1); and that He places in us a desire to carry out that which is mentally organized (Proverbs 13:4)? All we need to do is commit our work to the Lord and our thoughts shall be established (Proverbs 16:3).

So why then do we fail so often in things we set out to accomplish?
  1. Unwise or unrealistic goals. Make your goals reasonable. It is unrealistic to think you can lose fifteen pounds in four days, but it is possible to do it in four months. Set realistic goals in every aspect of your life.
  2. Our goals often oppose God’s will. Are your goals in accordance with God’s Word and God’s will?
  3. We make excuses by saying, “I’m going to do that as soon as I get around to it.”
So below I have given you a round tuit, so go on and accomplish things for God’s glory! Quit making excuses!


What to do:
✞ Don’t procrastinate! Do it now!

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email