Saturday, June 2, 2018

Daily Devotion: Principles to Live By

Bible Reading: I Corinthians 10:24-33

Key Verse: Verse 31 - “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

Key Words: do all for the glory of God

Recently I was asked if I have a certain set of principles or guidelines to guide me through the decision-making process. When I answered that I did, I was asked to put these principles in letter form for someone in our church. Someone else asked me if I would make them public, so here they are, principles that help me as I make decisions.
  1. Always put God first.
  2. Remember that winners never quit and quitters never win.
  3. Remember honor is not so much received as it is achieved.
  4. You must have the heart of a dove and the hide of a rhinoceros.
  5. Success is being in and doing the will of God from the heart.
  6. Remember it is better to see a testimony than to hear one.
  7. Remember that you can tell more about others by giving them privileges rather than responsibilities.
  8. Always remember that you don’t have to like people but you do have to love them.
  9. Remember there are three kinds of people in the world…those who make things happen; those who watch things happen; and those who are wondering what is happening.
  10. Remember if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

What to do:
✞ Live by principles that glorify God.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email