Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Daily Devotion: Let There Be Peace On Earth

Bible Reading:  John 14:22-31 

Key Verse: Verse 27– “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

Key Words: my peace I give unto you

The Christmas season can cause many emotions and desires to arise in a person's soul.  Some of these feelings are good and others bad.  The drive for satisfaction in material things, for example, is negative.  Those who have gone down the path and returned report that it ends in grief.  On the other hand, the sentiment of the song “Let There Be Peace on Earth” is positive.  It’s not an easy thing to, as the song says, “let it begin with me,” but the value of peaceful living is inestimable.

The New Testament tells the story of how one can be a source of peace on earth.  The story begins with God’s love in sending the Son to live among us.  It goes on to tell of Christ’s love in dying to settle the controversy between God and humanity.  After this came the ultimate act of love – the resurrection of Jesus Christ – a victorious event that smashed the power of death beyond repair.  It also released the Holy Spirit to live within the human race and personally bring the love of God into the heart of anyone who will believe.

 

Let There Be Peace on Earth 

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me;
Let There Be Peace on Earth
The peace that was meant to be.

With God as our Father,
Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.
 

Let peace begin with me,
Let this be the moment now.

With every step I take,
Let this be my solemn vow;
To take each moment and live each

Moment in peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.

                                                                        ~Jill Jackson


What to do:
✞ To have real peace, you must have the Christ of   Christmas as your Savior. 

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email