Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Daily Devotion: The Gift of Teaching

Bible Reading: Titus 2:1-4 and Romans 12:7

Key Verse: Verse 7 – “Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on             teaching;”

Key Words: or he that teacheth, on teaching

The words teacher and teaching mean the same thing, to impart instruction.

The teacher has the knowledge and ability to instruct so that the students can “get it.”

Years ago my wife wanted to take piano lessons.  The pianist at our church gave lessons and she could play that piano.  So my wife said, “I’ll take from her,” and she did; but she was learning very little.  The teacher was unable to give instruction that my wife could relate to.  We come to find out that it wasn’t just Linda.  Several other of her students were having the same problem.  You see, this lady could play the piano but she had a hard time communicating with others how to play.  While she was a great pianist, she wasn’t a great teacher.

Later we heard about a young man from Australia who could play the piano but was only an average piano player at best.  Well, he gave lessons as well so Linda decided to try him.  He turned out to be a great teacher.  He could instruct in terms that others connected with.

The church pianist had the gift of playing the piano.  The young Australian had the gift of teaching it.

In every aspect of life you see this type of thing.  I have talked to scientists and when they left I was scratching my head, asking myself, “What did he say?”  On the other hand, I’ve had science teachers that could bring science down to where I could understand it.  One was a gifted scientist, the other a gifted teacher.

So if you have the gift of teaching, your help to turn the light of knowledge on is greatly needed today.  We praise God for you!!

What to do:
✞ “I got it” is like the Hallelujah Chorus to the one   with the gift of teaching.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email