Monday, August 9, 2021

Daily Devotion: Believing Unto Righteousness

Bible Reading: Romans 10:1-10

Key Verse: Verse 10 – “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Key Words: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Is there a certain amount that a person must believe before they are saved? The simple answer: one must believe unto righteousness believing that Jesus died for me, was buried for me, and rose again for me.

Let me explain it with an illustration.

The other day in the mail, a credit card application arrived. The credit card application said, “You have been prequalified for a $15,000 limit.” This meant that I had already been determined to be acceptable to the company. This meant that the credit card company had already given the OK. However, the invitation did not automatically grant me membership. In order to get the card, I had to fill out a form and send it in. Even though the company had already extended the credit approval, that did not mean that I would automatically get the card. I had to write back and say that I wanted it.

God has already prequalified you for heaven by paying for your sins on the cross, but He can only activate your account if you tell Him you want Him to do so. If you still believe that you must pay for it yourself, what you’re saying is, “I don’t need Your card. I’ve got my own and I’m going to satisfy You by my own human efforts.” A person needs to understand that in order to receive eternal life they have to
admit that they are a sinner and therefore unable to save themselves.

What to do:
✞God has prequalified you for heaven. Have you accepted the terms of acceptance?

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email