Saturday, August 14, 2021

Daily Devotion: A Righteous Heart

Bible Reading: Ephesians 6:10-18

Key Verse: Verse 14 - “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;"

Key Words: breastplate of righteousness

The purpose of the breastplate was to protect the heart and vital organs. Spiritually we protect our heart through righteousness.

I’ve always found that my visits to the doctor were intensely interesting in that they would check my blood pressure, listen to my heartbeat, and check my cholesterol level. Now, all of these deal with the heart. It’s testing to see how strong my heart is. Why? Because the heart is the key to a healthy life. The same is true spiritually. The key to a healthy spiritual life is the heart. Proverbs 4:23, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”

We can’t expect to live righteously unless we protect our heart. Three keys to a strong heart protected by righteousness.

1. Eating: a daily diet of God’s Word consumed with both milk and meat from God’s Word.
2. Exercise: I Timothy 4:7, “But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.”
3. Example: I Timothy 4:12, “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”

If we are to have a strong healthy heart, we must protect it through righteousness.


What to do:
✞ Eat right, exercise right, and be the right example.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email