Monday, September 2, 2019

Daily Devotion: Searching For Wisdom


Bible Reading: Proverbs 2

Key Verse: Verse 4 – “If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Key Words: searchest for her as for hid treasures

As you read Proverbs, chapter two, you can see at least three great truths in regard to Godly wisdom. In verse six, you find the origin of Godly wisdom, “For the Lord giveth wisdom.” Wisdom comes from God in two primary ways: naturally from His Word and then through prayer (see James 1:5). Secondly, we see the object of Godly wisdom in verse seven, “He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous.” The words “He layeth up” means to hide. The righteous, when they look for Godly wisdom, will find it. Then we find the outcome of Godly wisdom in the remaining verses of chapter two.

I recently misplaced my reading glasses. This is highly unusual for me, as I normally drive people crazy with structure and organization- you know, “A place for everything and everything in its place.” Now, my glasses are extremely important to me; for without them I have a very hard time both reading and writing. I could not rest until I found my glasses. I looked in things, on things, under things. I found things that I never knew I had, but no glasses. To me, this was serious business. I recruited my wife, my children and my grandchildren to assist me in my search; for without my glasses, life would not be totally impossible, but it certainly would become very difficult.

So it is when it comes to wisdom. Yes I did eventually find my glasses because I diligently searched for them; because to me, they were hidden treasures. Do you need wisdom today? Then search for her as a hidden treasure.


What to do:
✞ Look for wisdom in God’s Word.
✞ Look for wisdom through prayer.
✞ If all of us could really comprehend the importance of Godly wisdom, it would change both our thinking and our actions.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email