Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Daily Devotion: Thankful: Blake Smith


Bible Reading: I Thessalonians 5:16-22

Key Verse: Verse 18 - “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Key Words: In everything give thanks

It has been a year and a half now since Blake Smith went home to be with the Lord. His home-going was tragic and sad to all of us, but especially to his family.

As I was thinking of Blake the other day, I was reminded of the following.

We are told in I Thessalonians 5:18 to give thanks in everything so let me begin to give thanks.

While Blake Smith is no longer driving the highways of Knoxville and Birmingham, I’m thankful that he is walking the streets of gold.

While Blake is no longer living in a college dorm room, I’m thankful that he is living in a heavenly mansion prepared just for him by the Lord Himself.

While Blake is no longer here on earth with us, I’m thankful that one day we will be with him.

While Blake is greatly missed here, I’m thankful he is greatly received in heaven.

While Blake is no longer here to fellowship among us, I’m thankful he is in fellowship with the heavenly hosts above.

While Blake died tragically, I’m thankful that he lived joyfully.

While some in the media are reporting on Blake’s death, I’m thankful to announce that he is very much alive.

While Blake will no longer preach about heaven, I’m thankful he is experiencing it firsthand.

While Blake battled with an ACL problem here on earth, I’m thankful that he is now walking and leaping and praising the Lord.

While Blake will be missed, I’m thankful that his life demands that he will not be forgotten.

While Blake is at peace in the arms of God, I’m thankful that I am as well.

While Blake is no longer here with us, I’m thankful for the twenty years that he was.

While Blake is no longer here with us physically, I’m thankful that he will be in our hearts and minds.

While Blake will no longer teach our Junior Boys Sunday School Class, I’m thankful that what he did teach them will not be soon forgotten.

And lastly, while I know where Blake is, I wonder if you will join him one day.

John 3:16-17; Acts 16:31; Romans 3:23, 6:23, 10:9-10 & 13.


What to do:
✞ Be thankful. Watch Blake's final sermon on the 'Brevity of Life' by clicking here.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email