Monday, August 5, 2019

Daily Devotion: The Importance of Truth


Bible Reading: John 8:21-32

Key Verse: Verse 32 – “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Key Words: the truth shall make you free

It's amazing. People want objective standards when it comes to everything else, but not for how to live their life. But suppose you went to the doctor and he was getting ready to perform an operation and he said, “Now, I think this is where I need to cut. Other doctors have ideas of where to cut, but this is what I think. Let's just check it out and see if I cut right.” Is that the doctor whom you want?

Suppose you went to a pharmacist and he said, “Well, I think this is the medicine you should take. Now, the pharmacist down the street has another view, but this is what I think. Why don't you try it?”

Suppose you got on a plane and the pilot said, “Now, I think this is the button I'm supposed to push. Now, my engineer over here thinks I ought to push this button. My copilot over here thinks I should push that button. The flight attendant thinks I should push this other button. Well...let's try this button and see if it gets us off the ground.”

No! At the doctor's office, you want truth. At the pharmacist's, you want truth. In the airplane, you sure enough want truth. You don't want a pilot saying, “I think,” or a doctor saying, “I think,” or a pharmacist saying, “I think.” You're going to sue him if he thinks wrong. You want him to think right.

Well now, if you can respect the truth of a doctor and the truth of a pharmacist, and you can respect the truth of a pilot, how come God can't be trusted? He's truth – an absolute standard of reality found in the Word of God.

He who rejects the truth lives a lie.


What to do:
✞ Remember, the truth will never hurt you, unless of course, it should.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email