Friday, November 2, 2018

Daily Devotion: We Are Not In Charge

Bible Reading: Isaiah 55

Key Verse: Verse 9 - “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Key Words: my ways higher than your ways

Even though one may think they are in charge, they aren’t. You see, we are not omnipotent (all powerful), we are not omniscient (all knowing), and we are not omnipresent (everywhere at once). Even though some think we should be, only God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent…so He alone is in charge.

Have you ever talked to one of these brilliant PhD-kind-of-people and you don’t know what they’re talking about? You know it’s deep, even though you don’t understand any of it because they’re just communicating on a whole different plane, on a whole different level.

At the heart of many of our dilemmas is our inability to know God’s ways. God says that “as high as the heavens are above the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” They’re not only bigger, they’re higher. His thoughts are at another level.

I remember telling God as a teenager, “God, I’m going to do anything You want, but I will not pastor.” He said, “Um-hmm.”

He’s full of surprises and His ways are not your ways. His thoughts are not your thoughts.

Once again, I find out…I’m really not in charge.


What to do:
✞ Let God be in charge. It helps life to run a lot smoother.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email