Monday, November 5, 2018

Daily Devotion: I’m Okay

Bible Reading: II Corinthians 10:10-18

Key Verse: Verse 12 - "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

Key Words: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise

When we compare ourselves to others, it’s natural to think we are doing okay until we meet someone doing better.

But when we look upon Jesus, we all realize we come up short and that we are not really okay at all. We read in Isaiah 6:1, “In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.” Verse 5, “Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone: because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”

I’ve got a grandson who loves basketball. He is, to say the least, competitive. Now, at this stage of life he is just over 5 feet but he really would love to dunk the basketball. After trying time after time and coming up short, he came up with another method. He takes an exercise trampoline he got from his grandmother, puts it in front of the basketball goal, gets a running start, hits the trampoline and stuffs the ball down the goal. Now, on his own he was too short but with a little help he reached the goal. On our own, we are all too short. We all need help to reach Heaven…that help only comes through Jesus Christ.

So I don’t bother to compare myself to others, I only look to Jesus and through His blood, I will reach the goal of Heaven.


What to do:
✞ Look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2a)

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email