Sunday, April 9, 2023

Daily Devotion: Stewards of God’s Children

Bible Reading:  Psalm 127 

Key Verse: Verse 3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.”

Key Words: Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD

Parents are to “train up a child in the way he should go” (Proverbs 22:6a).  This is not a request but a command.  It’s not optional.  As parents, it is our parental duty to be good stewards in the training of our children.


I came across a parent’s prayer.  I trust it will bless you as you strive to be Godly parents and wise stewards of God’s children.


O Father, help me to treat my children as You have treated me.  Make me sensitive to their needs and frustrations.  Help me to listen with attention, insight, and understanding to what they have to say.  Help me to treat them as a person of Your design and therefore of real worth.  Help me to respect...their times to talk without interrupting or contradicting them...their ideas...their need for freedom to make choices and to take responsibility as they are able.  O, give me the wisdom and understanding to teach my children as You have taught me.


Let me not forget they are children and not little adults, being patient and helpful as they are developing skills and mental abilities and to allow them mistakes and accidents without laughing at or belittling them.


            Thank You for the provision of my need as a parent in charge of this flock of God.  Thank You that in the Lord Jesus You have given all I need to be what I ought as a Christian parent. ~  Anonymous

What to do:
✞ Train up a child in the way he should go – not the way he wants to go.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email