Saturday, March 26, 2022

Daily Devotion: Responsibility

Bible Reading: Proverbs 20:1-15

Key Verse: Verse 6 – Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can  find?”

Key Words: but a faithful man who can find

Do you realize that the word responsibility is not found in the Bible?  But you do find the word faithfully; and as you study the verses where faithfully is mentioned, it always comes with the idea of fulfilling our responsibility.

1.       II Chronicles 34:12a, “And the men did the work faithfully...”  They were thorough with their responsibilities.

2.      Proverbs 29:14, “The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established forever.”

3.      III John 5, “Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers.”

You get the idea that the Lord expects us to carry out our responsibilities faithfully.  If I’m sick, I still have the responsibility to see that my areas of responsibility are carried out faithfully.

The same is true if I go on vacation.  I am to see that nothing is lacking, that a beat is never missed in my area of responsibility.  This should all be done in a timely, orderly fashion.  This is being a responsible person.

There is a little saying that I have that goes as follows.  “There once was a job that anybody could do but nobody did.  Now, when everybody found out that nobody had done the job that anybody could do, everybody got upset at somebody.”  Now, the moral of the story is this: if somebody had just carried out their responsibility that anybody could have carried out, nobody would have gotten upset at anybody.

Let me do the thing that I should do when it should be done, as it should be done, whether I like doing it or not.
What to do:
✞  Be responsible.  Be thorough.  Be prompt.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email