Sunday, March 6, 2022

Daily Devotion: Excuses

Bible Reading: Luke 14:12-24

Key Verse: Verse 18 – And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.”

Key Words: And they all with one consent began to make excuse

Some of the excuses people give for not going to church are ridiculous. I’ve substituted the word church with the word shopping to show how senseless excuses can be.

I’m out of the habit of going shopping; I’d better not go today.

I’ve not been shopping for so long the walls of the department store would fall in if I should go.

I know a man who has gone shopping for years, and he is no better than I am.

There are as many good people outside the shopping center as inside.

Too many hypocrites go shopping.

I stay away from shopping because of the kind of people who go there.

I don’t like to go shopping. They are constantly asking for money.

I don’t go shopping because my parents made me go as a child.

I don’t go shopping – the last time I went not a single person spoke to me.

I don’t go shopping because the store manager has never called on me.

I don’t go shopping. It’s just too crowded and the stores are always too hot or too cold.

Ridiculous, isn’t it? So are people’s excuses for not going to church.

So remember, the next time you make an excuse for not going to church, you really will sound foolish.

What to do:
✞ Be an example, not an excuse.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email